Target Canada: Does Target Ship to Canada in 2023 (And Other Important Bits)
If you’re fond of online shopping, you must be familiar with Target. With $106 billion in revenue for 2021, this retail giant is a bit difficult to avoid.
However, when it comes to shipment in Canada, the company has been known to slightly overcomplicate things.
Stay tuned as we go into great detail and try to provide you with some shipment alternatives as well as other important considerations.
Let’s get right into it!
Does Target Ship To Canada?
Unfortunately, Target doesn’t ship to Canada, but there are alternatives. One of them is package forwarding. Let’s take a closer look.
Package forwarders are companies that accept orders in situations where the person cannot receive the package at his residential address. This may be due to internal policies of the company that send the package or in some cases even local laws and regulations.
The first thing you need to do for package forwarding is to choose a shipping forwarder. The shipping forwarder manages all aspects of overseas shipping, including package consolidation and labelling. They frequently merge shipments from several shippers into a single container before shipping them to the final destination.
How to Ship Target Orders to Canada?
Target allows you to place orders and have them delivered fast in Canada. Here’s a step-by-step guide for Target shipping to Canada:
- Register with forwarder’s site: First, you register with a forwarder’s site, then you can place an order at Target Canada by specifying your shipment forwarder’s address as the destination. Please keep in mind that you must pay in US currency. If you don’t have a Target account, you can create one at checkout.
- Sending the package: Target will forward your package to a Canadian location of your choice after you place an order and pay for it. They will notify you via text message, email, or other methods when the product arrives at the shipping forwarder’s warehouse.
- Wait for the delivery: Your shipping forwarder will send you a text message or an email with the delivery specifics on the day of delivery. You’ll be ready to meet the delivery guy on time. You can use their website to track your package with the tracking number they provide. It may take 3 to 4 business days for the shipment forwarder to deliver it to your address.
Best Package Forwarders
In my personal experience with package forwarders, I was able to test out services provided by multiple companies, so let’s take a closer look at each of them.
With Planet Express, you can avoid paying sales tax on your order since it is a tax-free warehouse. But that’s not the only benefit of this company:
- When you buy several items, Planet Express will combine them into a single box, saving you money on delivery.
- As soon as your product arrives at Planet Express’ warehouse, they send you free photos of it.
- They store your packages for a very low price. You have ten free days of storage, then Planet Express charges one cent, per pound, per day.
As for prices, make sure to check out their official website.
Cross Border Pickups
Despite Planet Express being my absolute favourite, I also recommend Cross Border Pickups. If you opt for these guys, you have access to all of the free shipping offers on purchases in the United States that you’ve been missing out on and websites that don’t sell or ship to Canada. All shipments include the following:
- Brokerage commissions (Duties and Taxes still applicable)
- The first two items have entry fees
- Transportation across international borders
- You can pick up your order at any of their Canadian locations
- They store small packages for up to 30 days for free
- All SKIDS receive 15 days of free storage
- Import duty and taxes are subject to a 3% transaction fee.
Pricing also matters, so here are their rates.
You may be interested: How to avoid the Capital Gains Tax on Rental Property?
Aside from iPostal1’s pricing tiers, which are pretty affordable, the company offers great value for money. Let’s see what else you get.
All packages include:
- Free real U.S. addresses
- A personal digital mailbox
- 2GB of cloud storage
- An email alert
- 30 days of storage for mail and letter packs and boxes 1,728 inches3 (= 12x12x12 size box)
- 10 days of storage for boxes 1,728 to 4,895 inches3, and
- 5 days of storage for boxes at/over 4,896 inches3 (= 24x17x12 size box).
iPostal1 is definitely a great fit for people who are out of the house for the majority of the day and are in need of storage for their packages.
Anytime Mailbox is another package forwarder which you can use at Target for online shopping in Canada.
It provides real street addresses, mail and package forwarding, open and scan mail (PDFs), a global network, check deposit, and free unlimited online storage. Canadian plans vary from $9.99 up to $49.00 a month, depending on your location.
Last but not least, PostScan Mail is yet another package forwarder that can help ship Target products to Canada.
PostScan Mail has a lot of features: online mail management, mail scanning, mail forwarding, mail storage, and local pickup. When it comes to pricing, here are three plans available: starter, standard, and premium. You can check out the prices at the official website.
Customs and Duties
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to customs and duties for items shipped between the US and Canada. Firstly, many items fall into different categories depending on their specific value or their country of origin. For example, certain goods may be subject to a flat rate fee, while others may be charged based on weight or the overall price of the shipment.
Additionally, there are often exemptions that allow you to bring certain goods across the border without having to pay any additional fees.
Canadian consumers may also have to pay tariffs in addition to customs and taxes. Unfortunately, the tariffs are determined by the country in which the goods are produced and not the country in which they are purchased.
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) eliminates tariffs on all commodities manufactured in the United States and shipped to Canada. However, if your product contains any components created outside of the United States, your Canadian customer will be obligated to pay tariffs on those components.
To determine just how much your imported goods are going to cost, make sure to check out this calculator provided by the Government of Canada.
How to Reduce Shipping Fees?
The high cost of shipping is one of the main issues for small Canadian companies. Shipping with Canada is expensive, and shipping outside of the country is even more so.
Below are 12 ways you can reduce shipping fees in Canada.
To earn a minor shipping discount, sign up for Canada Post Small Business shipping and direct mail. You’ll save some money if you use their online shipping facilities instead of going to the post office.
Choose Ground Shipping
There is a delicate balance to be struck between client delivery expectations and freight costs. Most Canadians understand that offering free shipping will result in a longer delivery time.
Know the Shipper’s Size and Weight Scale
By a gram or a centimetre, you could be pushing your weight or size into a higher pricing bracket. You can make adjustments to put it under the limitations for a reduced charge if you measure and weight it before delivering it. Shipping scales are inexpensive and well worth the money.
Save on Courier Costs
If you don’t ship enough to qualify for courier volume savings and don’t want to ship through a third party, there may be alternative methods to save money. To avoid expenses for non-standard sizes, use the courier’s packaging.
Their transportation materials are frequently less expensive as well. If you know how much it will cost to send each item, you can save a lot of money by obtaining prepaid shipping labels.
Use Shipping Solutions
Most small businesses will not ship enough packages to qualify for courier volume discounts, at least not at first. New sprung-up businesses try to remedy this problem. You can use integrated solutions to ship through them and take advantage of their bulk reductions.
Fulfilment Centres for International Shipping
Using a worldwide or American fulfilment business to process and dispatch your orders might save you a lot of money. They charge for storage and other services they provide, but you will still save money and time in the long run.
What Can You Ship in Canada?
You can ship almost anything, except for the prohibited ones. Let’s take a look at them:
- Tobacco products in any form (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and ecigs)
- Animals (however, special permits are available for bees, day-old chicks/hatching eggs, leeches, parasites and other small animals)
- Certain plants (contact Canada Post for an up-to-date list of prohibited flora)
- Currency and antique coins
- Wet and odorous packages
- Lottery tickets and other gambling-related merchandise
You don’t have to stop shopping at your favourite store just because it doesn’t ship from the US to Canada.
A shipping forwarder may be the best choice for getting Target merchandise sent to Canada.
Although prices vary by carrier, a shipping forwarder can provide extra services such as printing shipping labels on your behalf and notifying you when your shipment is ready for pickup.
Why not make the best of a bad situation and place an order for some cool items? You can now do it with ease.
No, Canada does not have Target since 2015, mostly because the pricing was higher than in the United States.
No, Target doesn’t ship internationally. Does it ship to Canada? No, but you can receive your favourite items from your favourite store through package forwarding.