Are you looking for an all-in-one online store to satisfy your technological appetites?
Have you heard of Newegg Canada before? Or are you unsure about the underlying concept?
Dive in to learn more about the brands, products, deals, and comparisons in one of the most comprehensive Newegg reviews Canada has to offer.
Pros and Cons
- Direct BTC payments
- Package tracking via email and online
- One of the richest offers of electronics and computer parts on the market
- Wide selection of branded and refurbished goods
- Warranty for refurbished goods
- Shipping within Canada
- Complex website interface
- Third-party sellers aren’t obliged under the regular Shipping and Return Policy of Newegg
- Customer support could be better
What Is Newegg?
Established in 2001, Newegg is an online marketplace that specializes in electronics and computer products.
The company is actually among the first marketplaces to sell both new and refurbished goods. What is more, they act as a marketplace for third-party sellers, but mostly do direct sales of goods from their own warehouse stocks.
If you head over to Newegg Canada’s official website, you’ll find all kinds of electronic goods at very low prices, which is probably the main reason why this retailer has gained in popularity in the past few years.
Despite the company’s headquarters being in the City of Industry, California, Newegg ships packages to over 20 countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Is Newegg Legit?
Despite buyer protection being guaranteed with their incorporated and profound return policy rules, which define refund, replacement, and restocking both on new and refurbished items, Newegg also makes sure the customer is protected by offering a few other security features.
Let’s take a look at them
30-Day Hassle-Free Returns
Newegg offers its customers the possibility to return the items within a 30-day timeframe.
The best things about this option is that the company does not charge restocking fees, regardless of the reason stated for the return. The same goes for for items that fall into the 50lbs weight category.
Individual Rules for Returns
Although customers are exempt from charges, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed in order to return an item back to Newegg:
- Replacement-only return policy – When it comes to goods that cannot be refunded, returns are allowed only 30 days after receiving the product.
- Manufacturer-only return policy – These policies require you to contact and agree with the manufacturer who sold you this item.
- Open Box returns – Any product sold and shipped by Newegg that has already been opened can be returned/replaced in the same way as any other product.
Note: The return policy only applies to products marked “Sold and Shipped by Newegg.” This means that if you want to return a product purchased from one of their sellers, you should first check the seller’s return policy.
Replacements and Returns Policy
If you request a return, it may take up to 10 days to process it and locate the nearest warehouse where the item can be returned in stock.
Keep in mind, however, that return requests are not always available, so you may end up receiving a refund without being instructed to return the goods. This is determined by the item’s value, as well as shipping and stock availability in your area.
Refunds are issued to customers in the same manner, using the same transfer method that was initially used for the purchase and the whole procedure takes up to 5 days upon processing. However, note that Bitpay payments cannot be refunded in cash, hence, the customer receives a Newegg Canada gift card.
Finally, should you ask for a replacement, Newegg Canada will send you one in 1-2 business days upon processing.
Newegg Delivery Time in Canada
Newegg.ca shipping doesn’t take too much time, but before we jump into deliveries, we must first address an important issue: the distinction between third-party items and Newegg-sold and shipped items.
Third-party items are labelled as “Marketplace items” and are shipped directly by third-party vendors rather than by Newegg. Shipping (excluding the time of delivery) usually takes 1-3 business days after the order is processed.
When it comes to shipping in Canada, two options are available:
- Standard shipping – takes between 2-7 business days
- Express shipping – takes a maximum of 2 business days
If a shipping method is labelled as “International”, it means your item will be shipped from a warehouse in the United States. Note that by using this option, you are subject to taxes and duty charges.
Similarly, you can choose from the following options:
- Standard international shipping – takes between 3-9 business days
- Express international shipping – estimated to be between 2-4 business days
When it comes to large items and white glove delivery, Newegg sticks to a fixed delivery time across Canada, i.e. 3 to 7 business days for most items, 7 to 12 business days for major appliances, and up to 15 business days for rural areas. Their primary courier of choice is Sameday Worldwide.
In addition, as far as downloadable services are concerned, you will receive a download link within 1-3 hours of placing your order. However, this can sometimes be extended up to 24 hours, in case an additional verification is needed.
The shipping and handling charges shown on your Newegg invoice will be added to the total cost of any product you purchase, but if you’re dealing with a returned product, your original shipping fees are non-refundable.
Newegg doesn’t offer free shipping in Canada. However, there are free shipping offers for certain products on the website.
Quality of Goods
Newegg sells both new and branded merchandise, but they also specialize in refurbished goods. This means that you can anything from a brand new PS5, to a used iPhone 13.
Let’s go over Newegg’s product categories, to get a better idea of the variety of goods they offer:
- Computer components (eg: CPUs, desktop graphic cards, hard drives etc.)
- Computer systems (desktop computers, laptops, gaming computers etc.)
- Electronics (cellphones like iPad, tablets, AirPods earbuds, home appliances, televisions and home cinemas, digital cameras etc.)
- Gaming products (PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, retro video game consoles, gaming furniture)
- Network products (routers, smart thermostats, switches, etc.)
- Office solutions (printers, office equipment and furniture, office tools, paper, etc.)
- Software and services (operating systems, photo and design, licenses, etc.)
- Automotive and Powersports (car electronics, fishing and extreme sports equipment, dash cams, etc.)
- Home and tools (kitchenware, décor, art, furniture, small tools, garden equipment, etc.)
- Health and sports (fitness & exercise, camping & hiking, sporting goods, fishing, etc.)
- Apparel and accessories (luggage, shoes, jewelry, etc.)
- Toys and drones (batteries & chargers, activity centers & play areas, etc.)
As far as brands are concerned, some of the most popular companies whose products are solf at Newegg include:
- Mitel Communications Inc
- Netgear Inc.
- Gem & Harmony
Newegg offers many computer hardware and software deals, plus, when you purchase in combos, you usually get a price discount. Pretty neat, eh?
These bundles and deals change daily, so if you’re looking for something specific, make sure to keep track of the deals they post on the official website.
Now that we’ve covered all of the official information, let’s see what actual users have to say about Newegg Canada.
According to Sitejabber, Newegg has a rating of 2.96 stars out of 93 total reviews, ranking it 45th among Computer tech sites in Canada.
Based on 132 customer reviews, Trustpilot gave Newegg 1.9 stars. 73% of customers report a negative experience, primarily with replacements and warranty activation, while 16% report an excellent overall experience with Newegg Canada purchases.
Mostly reported complaints:
- Problem with third-party sellers‘ communication, refunds and returns
- Issues with faulty electronics and inability to activate warranty
- Customer support isn’t time-efficient
In contrast, Newegg computers are said to have some of the best prices on the market, so you be the judge of it.
Support and Ease of Use
How does Newegg fare in terms of ease of use as well as support? Let’s dig in.
The website seems a bit overwhelming – as if there is too much info and promotions in one place, but it’s easy to find your way around and the input keywords take you precisely to the desired products.
There’s also the mobile Newegg Inc. app, which can be installed for free through the App and Play Store and which is definitely easier to use compared to the website. We recommend downloading the app.
When it comes to customer support, the staff cab ne contacted via live chat or via phone, Monday through Friday from 6am to 5pm PT.
The support team is decent, with some negative reviews from customers who have not been served efficiently, in terms of time management. However, it’s only natural for these things to occur, given the multi-million user pool that Newegg deals with.
What About Some Alternatives?
Since we’ve covered nearly everything about Newegg products and purchasing options, let’s look at some alternatives and compare their pros and cons.
Aside from the obvious benefit of not having to pay extra for shipping and waiting quite some time for your goods to arrive, Newegg.ca also sells better tech merchandise at lower prices.
However, AliExpress handles third-party sellers when there are issues with returning goods is definitely more efficient and more regulated compared to Newegg.
Both Amazon and Newegg offer location-specific websites, meaning that your order will arrive significantly sooner.
Additionally, both websites ofer prime memberships that comes with special perks, including free shipping. However, note that Amazon Prime costs a bit more than Newegg’s premier membership.
Some Newegg items get listed on eBay too – proving the quality of the computer gadgets they sell. However, if you decide to buy Newegg merch through the eBay platform – face the consequences of a higher price.
Newegg Canada has a reputation for being the best and leading online marketplace for electronic and tech software, selling everything from high-end equipment to low-cost gadgets.
You should also take caution when selecting a seller or purchasing directly from Newegg (if possible). This will avoid unpleasant situations with customer support and return policies or refunds that clearly state that they do not oblige third-party sellers.
As a final suggestion, try to:
- Avoid unreal deals.
- Choose the cheapest item on the range list.
- Examine customer feedback on third-party vendors.